Thursday, October 3, 2013

Yellow Sponge Cakes with Mascarpone Whipped Cream

Beauty is the Best Possible Version of Yourself, Inside and out



This is the 5th installment of the 10 minute meal project. Doing this, I learned lot and I am also forced to really commit on posting weekly. I promised to do this weekly for ten weeks and so far I have discovered recipes,learned it, and eat them too. Read this and this , this,

Today I am going to share with you this very cute recipe. I love this dessert because I think this will be a perfect staple in a kid's party or any parties you are planning on. It is attractive and colorful on the table. The recipe called for us to use a store bought sponge cake and just whipped our own Mascarpone Cheese whipped cream. Next time, I am going to learn and make my own sponge cake and use the same whipped cream. So stay tuned on that.

I heard about Mascarpone cheese a for awhile, but I haven't found a recipe that called for it, so I just ignored it but boy, this cheese tastes so good. I used it as garnish in the soup I made awhile back and it made the soup creamy and  good.


 I have written good and delicious too much in this blog. I have a favorite blog author, David Lebovitz, and he said do not use good and delicious in a food blog. What can I say? How should I describe the food other than good and delicious? But I am working on this. I am looking for some words that will describe my food well. For now, please make do with good and delicious adjectives because this dessert is simply just that.


So  friends, will you help me out? Can you give me some adjectives aside from good and delicious to describe a meal? Please post them in the comments. I do read them.



VERDICT:

Taste great and I made it less than 10 minutes.


Sponge Cake and Mascarpone Recipe

Ingredients:

Sponge Cake Cups ( store bought )
1/4 cup Mascarpone Cheese
1/4 cup heavy whipped cream
3 tbsp sugar
4 pcs strawberry

Direction:

Wash strawberries and set aside.
Arrange the sponge cake cups in a plate. Set aside.
Put ingredients 1-3 in a bowl and mix with stand mixer for 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
Meanwhile, slice the strawberry into fan.
When the whipped cream is done place it on top of the sponge cake and add in the strawberry.






No comments:

Post a Comment