Monday, October 7, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Self Discipline requires you to connect today's actions to tomorrow's result


Hello. Hello. Hello. I am so glad you came to visit me again. Let us take a seat and just chat.  I know, you just drove for a long time and maybe you are not in your best elements today. So you just relax. This may not be the right time to ask this, but I really have this burning question that I want to ask you. Who/ What  is the most important thing in your life that you cannot live without? What did you do with them today? If it is a thing, did you ever do something to make it grow or shine, or look attractive? If he/she is human did you give her some TLC ( tender, loving, care) today? I hope so.



I was in the supermarket today and every time I go there, I cannot help but see all these beautiful orchids' flowers that are so colorful and beautiful. They just stood there as if gallantly showing off their splendor. I just make do with admiring and browsing through them because they are  very expensive - $ 19.00 to  $ 34.00 each. As I went farther at the back of the isle, there is a one orchid whose leaves where dry and droopy. Its flowers lost its luster and it stood in the farthest isle that it can easily be ignored. I felt so sorry for the plant but when I saw the price, it was on sale for $ 2.00. I got a dilemma whether I should buy it or not. But for the price, I decided to take the risk.


When I arrive home, I placed my orchid on the side table  where it will get some sunshine. I also put some ice on its pot to water it. I was thinking, poor little thing, its life is doomed.

But I was mistaken. Look at "her" now. My little survivor orchid. She is a far cry of what she was before... look how elegantly she stood. Showing her beauty. There is pride and sense of hope in "her".These are the result of a little TLC I gave her.


 This TLC is applicable to every area in our lives as well. Have you given yourself some TLC today? Are you thinking good thoughts?  Are you making right decisions? Did you take a bath? Did you brush your teeth :) Did you give your  spouse some respect today, or you were just too busy trying to win the argument? Did you really listen deeply to your spouse? Your children, have you given them a hug before they left for school? Did you try to be patient with them?  Your colleagues, did you try to understand them? These are just few examples on little TLC that can make someone regain his/her luster. So how about today we give these freely.


So, are you feeling okey? I hope so. I want to share to you this chocolate chip cookie recipe. The texture of this cookie is kind of fibrous due to the wheat flour. But I really liked it.  If you want, you can  make this with me or you go ahead and chill as I show you how. Also check this and this for other healthy recipes.

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

  1. 2/3 cups plus 1/2 cup wheat flour
  2. 1/4 tsp salt
  3. 1/2 tsp baking soda
  4. 2 tbsp brown sugar 4
  5. 1/4 cup walnut ( ground) 
  6. 5 tbsp milk of choice ( I used vanilla soy milk)
  7. 1 tsp vanilla
  8. 6 tbsp cooking oil 
  9. 1/4 cup chocolate chip 
Place ingredients 1 to 5 in a bowl. Mix the ingredients thoroughly using a wire whisk or spoon. Please do this because we want the baking soda to be completely mix with the rest of the ingredients.
Mix together ingredients 6 to 8 and add into the flour mixture. 

Preheat oven into 380 F

Combine the mixture using your hand. It will become crumbly but just keep on mixing and add in the chocolate chips.
Form into a small ball and flatten a little bit. Around 1/4 " thick.
Bake into preheated oven for 7 minutes and remove from the oven.

NOTE:

Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 10 more minutes before you  remove from the pan. Doing this will continually cook the cookies.



Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment