Saturday, October 12, 2013

Glazed Chicken Kebabs and Does Your Word Build You Up?

A tongue has no bones but it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words



 What the heck! Ooopss! Did you just catch me saying a bad word? Heck, is it a bad word? I am actually very averse of bad words spoken. The people who say them are not bad but somehow it is their way of expressing themselves.  I believe that we have to express ourselves freely but we have to be careful on what words come out from our mouths.

Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can only be forgiven, not forgotten.


When my son was little, I was so mad at him that I said  he is stupid. He reacted so pitifully and he said, you just called me stupid and he hysterically cried. Writing this right now, just made me cringe on how awful I felt that day.How careless I was. Although I can justify the emotion that I felt that time, I cannot justify the " name" that I called him. That was the first and that was the last. It took me a while to undo the words that I have spoken. In fact, right now I am still making it up.


A lot  parents just casually call their children  names, as if it is normal. If you do, please stop it right now. Also, they utter words that curses. And even blasphemy.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.


Because words are powerful, it can break or make a person. Much worse, it can break the person who had spoken them - through karma. The Bible said, You will reap what you sow. This apply in all our daily dealings like work, relationship and our words. have you ever noticed that when you say kind words, the other party cannot help but respond to you kindly? But when you are mean, the other party will be defensive? To be honest, when I hear a person spew out bad words, I pretty much conclude that, that person does not have enough vocabulary to express himself aside from curses. For me, if one wants to be cool, he/she should have enough words other than bad words to express himself, right?


Below are the collection of verses regarding the power of words.

Matthew 15:18 - But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 


Proverbs 18:21 - Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.


Proverbs 16:24 - Pleasant words [are as] an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echos are truly endless




Here is another healthy meals I am going to share to you today. I am going to share to you this chicken kebabs recipe. Pretty much, you just need a grill or broiler and hands to mix the ingredients and you are set. This will also be perfect fort that football parties you are planning on. There is a ginger taste on this kebabs and sweet and sour feel in your taste buds, that will make this dish a staple of your table conversation. Make this and get popular to you friends.






Glazed Chicken Kebabs
  1. 1/2 " of ginger root 
  2. 3 garlic cloves
  3. 2 tsp soy sauce
  4. 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  5. 2 tsp olive oil
  6. 1/8 cup ketchup
  7. 1 1/2 lb chicken cutlets
  8. 1 red bell pepper
  9. 1 yellow bell pepper


Place ingredients 1 to 6 in electric food chopper or you can chopped them manually.
Transfer the spices in a bowl and add in ingredients 7 to 8
Marinate overnight or an hour
Thread into metal skewers and grill or cook under a pre heated broiler for 12 to 15 minutes turning frequently until chicken is cooked through.

Serve and Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment