Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cauliflower Soup Recipe and What Are Your Principles

What is the point of being alive if you do not at least do something remarkable.

Cauliflower Soup with Basil leaves


I am getting into the fourth month in this blog and I have not shared something very important to me. It doesn't   need a lot of words to explain it, but this has been my pillar and  my compass. Everything around me changes but these remain the same

It is impossible for us to break the law. We can only break ourselves against the law.

Cecile Demille

Recipe for Purple Cauliflower

Sure, I swayed from them so many times, disobeyed and found them difficult to follow, but these have been my reference point when I make decisions and when I am in doubt on  how to behave in certain circumstances. These have been my gauge whether I am doing well or wrong in my life's journey.These are my principles.
Delicious Cauliflower Soup

Principles are very important. Without them, we will just be walking in our life's journey without direction; and are often affected by circumstances. Eventually, we will become a person without character. Whether our principles are good or bad, they will certainly shape us. Below are my principles :

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS:

  1. Thou shall have not other gods before me.
  2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
  3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain
  4. Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother
  6. Thou shalt not kill
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
  8. Thou shalt not steal
  9. Thous shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
  10. Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbor
I am pretty much a very sensitive person and I get easily sad or I call it depressed. For this reason, I have collection of words of wisdom that carry me through the bad days. I want to share it to you from here


How about you? What is/are your principle? Please list them in the comment section. Thanks!




Today, I made a one of a kind soup. It is black in color. I did not really intend this to become black as this, but it did. I did not mind, because the color added character to its look. And the taste does not disappoint either. This is tasty and delicious. Aside from its health benefit, don't you think it looks pretty too? In the photo, I added sesame seeds, basil and mascarpone cheese but they are optional. You can skip those. You can replace avocado for mascarpone to really make it healthier. This is almost similar to Spinach Soup


Cauliflower Soup


1 head purple cauliflower
3 cups Almond Milk Vanilla Flavor
1/2 cup Basil Leaves
1 1/2 cup water

Serve with sour cream or mascarpone. I just used mascarpone, since I have some left when I made Sponge Cake.
Replace sour cream with avocado for healthier option then add in some basil leaves.


Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. remove stem.
Place ingredients 1 to 3 in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil until cauliflower  is soft. Around 30 minutes. Add in water. And boil some more for 5 more minutes
Place in a blender and blend until mixture is totally blended.

NOTES:
Garnish with Basil, Mascapone cheese/ avocado and rye bread. Serve immediately



No comments:

Post a Comment