Friday, August 23, 2013

Left - over Fish Omelet

"I hope she'll have courage to take chances, get hurt, and love again. TO BE  PERFECTLY ALIVE."

- Helene Dujardin



Yesterday, we grilled some fish and there were some left over, so I decided to make fish omelet. I know there are some of you who do not like fish because it smells bad, it looks gross and maybe simply because it is a fish. Fish is good for your heart as it contains omega 3 which is a good fatty acid.  It can lower inflammation throughout the body, help in depression, lower blood pressure and many more good benefits. When I was in the Philippines, my native country, I ate fish everyday except Sunday which is a meat day. When I came here in the US, it was so difficult to find fresh fish or any store that sells fish so my diet had changed drastically. I just eat meat. Period. I ate meat everyday  since that time. I did not know how to cook  US's vegetables as well, so I am in for future messy diet.That is why I gained so much weight. When my family discovered Filipino store, fish is sometimes in our meal. We had to drive four hours to get our frozen fish though.


Now we are in a new place wherein Oriental store is really close to us, there is no reason for us to be eating meat everyday.This store we discovered is amazing. It feels like I am in a Filipino market. They have ample amount of fish choices and vegetables that are familiar to me and some of them can be found only in the Philippines. So, I am excited.
Today I prepared a fish meal which I learned from my mom. I am glad that my family like it so it is always in our menu. Please try it.



Ingredients:

1)cooking oil
2) 1 tsp corn starch
3) 5 eggs 
4) 1/4 cup red bell pepper ( minced)
5) 1 small onion (minced)
6)7 cloves of garlic (minced)
7)1/2 tsp salt
8)2 cups shredded left over fish
9) 1/4 cup spring onions (minced)

Direction:
Mix ingredients 4 to 9 in a large bowl. Scramble the egg and pour into the fish mixture. Fry.
Heat cooking oil in large skillet and fry the mixture until brown.

Serve and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment