Friday, August 16, 2013

Broccoli- Spinach Soup in Cleansing Broth- Feeling so Blessed

I am not feeling well today, so I just holed myself in my bedroom. I had a very bad headache and I just feel so dizzy. Today is my son's first day of school, so I have to get up and tried to prepare him for it. I said tried because my son, the sweetest thing, with arms and hands gesturing a stop sign said, " Mommy I can do it, just go to bed." I just have to give in because I am just too weak to stand up. I heard him prepared his breakfast, took a bath and then kissed me good bye. I have to see him go with his bike and I felt so grateful.


The house is so quiet. The kids are gone for school and I am by myself. Being sick as this, I am lost as to what to do. I mentioned the last time that I have few chapters to getting done from my Bible reading, I decided to get it done today. I am finally finished and  feel accomplished. I decided to browse the Book and I tried to meditate on its words and verses. Again it is so quiet in here. I began contemplating and I am brought into a silent shout of gratitude. I am so blessed,  indeed. I have great family, good parents, kind in laws, wonderful husband and healthy children. I am so grateful. This moment of solitude is not bad at all.


Today, I am going to share to you a recipe inspired by Whole Living. It started by making your making own vegetable broth which is called: Cleansing Broth. I am not used to eating soup but I like this one. There is no cheese, just avocado to make it a little creamy.



Cleansing Broth's Ingredients: (yields 9 cups of cleansing broth)

1 large chopped onions
6 pieces carrots - chopped
1 bulb/head garlic
2 large chopped sweet potatoes
1 bunch fresh parsley
12 cups of water

Direction:

Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook in low for 8 hours. If you do not have slow cooker, just boil the veggies. 
When ready, discard the vegetables except the sweet potato. I put the potatoes in a container and freeze for future use

For the broth, I separate it in a container, 4 cups each, and freeze. 

Broccoli and Spinach Soup Ingredients

1 head broccoli
2 cups spinach
1 avocado
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of the Cleansing Broth

Get four cups of the cleansing broth and put it in a pot and bring to a boil. Add in broccoli. When broccoli are soft, add the spinach and turn off fire.  Let it sit until cool. 
Put the mixture in the blender and blend. Set aside.
Slice the avocado and garnish it on the soup.
 Note: You can blend half the avocado with the other veggies. This make it so creamy. But the disadvantage is, you cannot eat  the left over the next day. So I use it for garnish.

Serve and Enjoy.

Tomorrow, I will post the sweet potato soup. This recipe is adapted from Whole Living. I just tweaked a little of the recipe and ingredients to fit my taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment